Sunday 27 March 2011

Suzanne Corkin!



·        Former graduate of Brenda Miners at McGill who runs the behavioural Neuroscience Laboratory at MIT

·         Took over as lead investigator on all things Henry related in the 1970’s

·         She is known to be fiercely protective of her prized test subject vetting researchers exhaustively demanding the signing of non-disclosure contracts

·         Disallowed tape recorders etc

·         She built a good portion of her career on her special access to Henry, she won’t just let anybody in

·         She discovered that Henry is able to recognize the intensity of smells, but not their provenance unable to discriminate  the fragrance of rose from the smell of dog poo.

·         She gave H.M a list of names, all beginning with C and he could pick out Corkin.

·         When she got the call about H.M dying she said… “I was very sad at the time, but I also knew there was important work to be done. H.M and his conservator signed a Brain donation form. After he died, we brought him up to MGH and we scanned his brain for nine hours. In the middle of that night, I wrote his obituary. That was the first time I had the opportunity to confront my emotions about his death. And I was very sad because I realised that I had lost my friend of many years, it was hard.

·         She was fiercely protective over her prized subject.

·         She first met henry at Brenda  Mills lab in 1962

This is a radio interview... Speaking to Suzanne Corkin and Jaccopo!
Ria! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment